Friday, November 26, 2010

Views from The Wagon

Since I've stopped drinking I've been wondering how much the booze has cost me over the years. Lets say i spent on average about £40 per week ($60). Over the 34 years that i have been a drinker that amounts to over £65,000. Now £40 is a conservative estimate and many weeks it was easily a lot more than that but probably not often less. Into this amount needs to be factored money spent occassionally on certain recreational drugs that sometimes just seemed so necessary with the booze buzz. Not forgetting the money lost from days missed at work because of hangovers and the real total is probably between £80 and £100th. A staggering amount I'm sure you would agree. On top of this is the emotional cost...booze has been a major factor in the break-up of several relationships i have had with women. I guess you could say that booze has cost me dear over the years. What about the good times? Well yeh, I've had many good times. Would i change anything? Well i think your experiences mould your character, so no, I wouldn't change anything. But i would love to have that money in the bank now!   

No comments:

Post a Comment